This is a discussion group in which I’ll initially sharing my own failures in getting digital portfolios to work. I’ll discuss the different versions I’ve tried through out the years. Participants encouraged to share their own experiences – the good, the bad, the awesome and the ugly.
In Spring of 2008 I presented with lot’s of hope about all the possibilities for Digital portfolios. Since then I’ve tried, failed and haven’t had to much success. It’s interesting to look back and see why it failed and maybe we can learn from it.
Tech is always changing and so are all our expectations.
Here are list of my attempts:
- File Server – too open ended simple and complicated
- Twitter – steep learning curve + privacy issues
- Student Blogs using wordpress – steep learning curve
- Any Website: Wix, Mixbook, Weebly – management
- Animato – simple but limited
- VoiceThread – simple but limited
- One Note
- Drop Box, One Drive
- iBook Author – file size huge
- SeeSaw so far it’s working the best, but it’s a closed platform, works well for lower grades but I don’t think it’s a good fit for upper grades.